Monday, November 29, 2010

Maui's Top 10 Holiday Treats!

‘Tis the season for lists – and here are the Top Ten Things I’m looking forward to most on Maui this holiday season. Big Waves, Whales, Restaurant Openings, Snow in Lahaina … Maui is a miracle of marvels this time of year.



1) The Annual Tree Lighting at the Ritz Carlton – Thursday, Dec. 2

Ritz Carlton Glows Glorious for the Holidays
Why? Start with the cheery festivities, joyful singing, happy faces of children, Elves climbing up the walls and into the building through the magic of technology, Santa’s anticipated arrival, hot chocolate and cookies. Plus, as kama`aina we get half price sushi at Kai from 5:30-6:30 pm!  An overnight stay at the lush hotelier is the best way I know for getting in the spirit – even better than Burl Ives singing “Frosty the Snowman.”




2) Japengo’s Coming to Town! In Time for Christmas!

Why? Hyatt Kaanapali GM Mike Jokovich tells me there will be a soft opening of the hip new sushi restaurant prior to Christmas, which means I can bring family and friends there to celebrate! The Japengo location in the La Jolla Hyatt really  impressed me when I dined there many years ago so I’m looking forward to enjoying equally stellar sushi in the Kaanapali ‘hood. I’m also eager to see the results of the 75 million dollar face lift of the new Japengo space.  I think that’s even more than Cher paid…

3) Girls in White Dresses with Blue Satin Sashes – Nutcracker Sweets! Dec. 5, 3-5 p.m.

Why? Because it just isn’t Christmas without Tchaikovsky and one hundred adorable keiki dancing around the Ulalena Stage making hearts melt faster than snow in Lahaina.  Cost is $20 adults; $17 children 12 and under, but the experience is truly priceless. I see visions of sugarplums already.
Read the complete list here!

No comments:

Post a Comment